If you are keen on gardening, we are sure that you must have considered hydroponic kits. In addition to the fact that they are helpful and reforming, they are also functional throughout the year.
You do not need to worry about soils and fertilisers, as supplement-rich and pH-balanced water will do the job concerning hydroponic kits. Also, your plants will grow 30% quicker and deliver a higher yield.
Therefore, to help you in the best way possible, we have got you an in-depth guide about everything you need to know about Hydroponics and the Best Hydroponics Starter Kits.
Without any further adieu, let’s get right into it!
- 1 What is Hydroponics?
- 2 How does a hydroponic system work?
- 3 Top 7 Hydroponics Starter Kits You Can Buy in 2022
- 3.1 CLONE KING 36 Site Aeroponic Cloning Machine
- 3.2 TopoLite Hydroponic Growing System
- 3.3 12-Plant Home Grow Kit by PowerGrow Hydroponic System
- 3.4 General Hydroponics Waterfarm Complete Hydroponic System
- 3.5 Click and Grow SGS8US 3 Smart Garden
- 3.6 Back to the Roots Water Garden, Self-Cleaning Fish Tank That Grows Food, Mini Aquaponic Ecosystem
- 3.7 Active Aqua Grow Flow Ebb & Gro 12 Site Hydroponic System
- 3.8 AeroGarden, Black Bounty
What is Hydroponics?
Hydroponics is the art and science of cultivating without soil. Hydroponics is a Latin word that means “working water.”
Without any soil, water goes to work, giving supplements, hydration, and oxygen to vegetation. From watermelons to jalapeños to orchids, plants grow under hydroponics. Using a tiny space, 90 per cent less water than traditional horticulture, and keen design, hydroponic nurseries grow healthy plants much shorter.
When a plant is grown in soil, the roots constantly look for the fundamental nutrients to help the plant. In case a plant’s root system is exposed right away to water and nutrients, the plant will not need to apply any energy in supporting itself. The energy the roots would have exhausted getting food and water can be diverted into the plant’s growth. Therefore, leaf growth thrives so does the blooming of flowers and fruits.
Plants support themselves by a process called photosynthesis. Plants catch sunlight with chlorophyll (a green substance present in their leaves). They use the sunlight’s energy to part water atoms they have ingested through their root system. The water particles merge with carbon dioxide to create carbohydrates, which plants use to sustain themselves.
Oxygen is then delivered into the surrounding atmosphere, a vital factor in protecting our planet’s tenability. Plants do not have to bother with soil to photosynthesise.
They need the soil to supply them with water and nutrients. When supplements are broken down in the water, they can be applied directly to the plant’s root system by flooding, misting, or submerging. Hydroponic technology has demonstrated direct exposure to nutrient-rich water, which is a more effective technique for growth than a conventional water system.
How does a hydroponic system work?
Hydroponic systems work by letting minute control over ecological conditions like temperature and pH balance and amplified exposure to supplements and water.
Hydroponics works under a fundamental principle: give plants precisely what they need when they need it. Hydroponics oversee supplement solutions designed to work on the specific requirements of the plant being grown. They let you control how much light the plants get and for how long. pH levels can be monitored and regulated. In a highly controlled climate, plant growth speeds up.
By controlling the climate of the plant, many perilous factors are diminished. Plants grown in nurseries and open spaces are acquainted with many factors that might affect your plants’ wellbeing and growth.
Growing in the soil can spread diseases to plants. Animals like rabbits can loot growing vegetables from your nursery. Pests can descend on your plants and cause significant damage as well. Hydroponic systems end the eccentrics of growing plants outdoors and in the soil.
Without the mechanical obstruction of the soil, seedlings can mature a lot quicker. By wiping out pesticides, hydroponics produce much better and high-quality foods. Without any issues, plants are allowed to grow healthier and quickly.
Top 7 Hydroponics Starter Kits You Can Buy in 2022
Now that you have learned the basics, it is time we discuss the Best Hydroponics Starter Kits.
CLONE KING 36 Site Aeroponic Cloning Machine
The aeroponic cloning machine by Clone King is a complete 36 site system that comes with a repository, lid, spray complex with misters, subversive pump, and inserts.
As a user, you simply need to add grow lights, and you are good to go with growing your plants in the best way possible.
This new and improved design also has 13 water irrigation spray heads, which led to success with many plant species and varieties.
The plants root in a much lesser time as compared to traditionally growing them. You do not have to deal with issues, for example, withering, as it deals with all factors, including humidity.
The CLONE KING 36 Site Aeroponic Cloning Machine can accommodate between 1 to 25 plant cuttings at once.
Pros of the CLONE KING 36 Site Aeroponic Cloning Machine
- The CLONE KING 36 Site Aeroponic Cloning Machine has 13 spray heads for great coverage.
- It comes with detailed yet easy-to-follow steps, which makes it easier to install and use.
- The success rate of this kit is 100 per cent.
Cons of the CLONE KING 36 Site Aeroponic Cloning Machine
- The CLONE KING 36 Site Aeroponic Cloning Machine’s water temperature and pH level need to be regulated now and then.
TopoLite Hydroponic Growing System
The Grow Tent Room by TopoLite is a finished hydroponics kit. It has a LED 300W full spectrum grow light, 24 x 24 x 48 inches indoor growth tent, and 4 inches inline fan carbon filter kit.
The LED grow light contains a grow board light, an electrical cable, and stainless steel hanging kits. Also, the grow tent includes:
- A tent cover.
- A set of rods and connectors.
- A removable floor plate.
- An installation guide.
- Nylon belts.
The filter combo comprises a carbon air filter, an adjustable Velcro pre-filter, silver ducting, an inline fan, steel hose clips, and elastic ropes. It is one of only a handful of exceptional choices out there that are great to grow weed.
The Grow Tent Room comes with three sorts of installation directions, contingent on your needs. Here are your options:
- The fan and the filter inside the grow tent.
- The fan inside and the filter outside the grow tent.
- The fan outside and the filter inside the grow tent.
All three of these features have an easy-to-use full-spectrum plan and are suitable for plants in any growth cycle.
Pros of TopoLite Hydroponic Growing System
- The kit is durable and has an uncompromising lightproof oxford fabric, white paint-covered metal rods, and oversized, good-quality zippers.
- It has an excellent heat dispersal for epic stability and durability.
- This kit is environment-friendly.
Cons of the TopoLite Hydroponic Growing System
- The lights are not that long-lasting.
12-Plant Home Grow Kit by PowerGrow Hydroponic System
This hydroponics starter kit by PowerGrow Hydroponic System comes with high-quality pressure compensating drippers with monitoring valves.
The drip comprises tubing, manifolds, emitters, covers, converters, and stakes. It also includes a detailed guide for hydroponics, a greenhouse, and engendering.
The kit upholds indoors and outdoors in any medium with a 12 outlet drip water system manifold, which is ideal for potted plants like herbs, berries, flowering plants, and a few vegetables.
Pros of the 12-Plant Home Grow Kit by PowerGrow Hydroponic System
- The kit is easy to install and maintain.
- It helps in reducing the costs, making it a pocket-friendly option.
- Lastly, the pressure is constantly regulated.
Cons of the 12-Plant Home Grow Kit by PowerGrow Hydroponic System
- You will have to splurge extra on getting your hands on plastic pots.
General Hydroponics Waterfarm Complete Hydroponic System
The General Hydroponics Waterfarm Complete Hydroponic System Grow Kit hydroponics drip system is great for newbie growers.
It lets the growers bind modules together to make huge, high-density establishments with zero hassle. The General Hydroponics Waterfarm Complete Hydroponic System Grow Kit is comprehensive and can grow small, medium, and huge-sized plants.
It accompanies all you need to start growing, including a growing chamber, reservoir, filter level cylinder, an Elite vacuum apparatus, clay stones, and Flora series supplements.
We loved the design of this kit. The WaterFarm is built from high-grade plastic and has a long-lasting cycle.
Pros of General Hydroponics Waterfarm Complete Hydroponic System
- The kit has a high water-retaining capacity.
- The General Hydroponics Waterfarm Complete Hydroponic System Grow Kit is reliable and very easy to use and install.
Cons of General Hydroponics Waterfarm Complete Hydroponic System
- The water might splatter out of the tank.
Click and Grow SGS8US 3 Smart Garden
Savvy Garden 3 is a lightweight and flexible indoor nursery that can grow fresh and delightful herbs, vegetables, and fruits.
Plant pods of your choice can be used with the kit, and an energy-efficient LED bulb is attached so your plants flourish and grow.
The kit has a worry-free installation and support process that requires just three steps:
- Insert the capsules in it.
- Add water to the water tank.
- Plugin the kit into a power source.
The impeccably calibrated automated system will deal with everything from watering to lighting and nutrients.
Pros of the Click and Grow SGS8US 3 Smart Garden
- The pots that come with the Click and Grow SGS8US 3 Smart Garden are biodegradable in nature. It means they are safe for the environment.
- This hydroponic kit comes with a 100 per cent replacement warranty.
- You get to choose from more than 50 varieties of plants.
Cons of the Click and Grow SGS8US 3 Smart Garden
- A lot of customers have complained about mold growth in the tank.
Back to the Roots Water Garden, Self-Cleaning Fish Tank That Grows Food, Mini Aquaponic Ecosystem
This hydroponic kit by Back to the Roots is an all-in-one small-scale ecosystem for your home, where the water garden goes about as an aquarium, and the top grows natural microgreens.
The whole process is an aquaponic self-cleaning cycle, in which the fish give composts to the plants, and the plants keep the water clean.
Subsequent to buying this kit, you do not have to purchase whatever else as it comes with all you need to begin with. It comes with organic microgreen seeds, D-Klor and Zym-Bac, grow stones, fish food, including a coupon.
Pros of the Back to the Roots Water Garden
- This kit is super easy to maintain.
- The Back to the Roots Water Garden is an environment-friendly option and comes with a 100 per cent replacement guarantee.
Cons of the Back to the Roots Water Garden
- It needs to be cleaned every single week.
Active Aqua Grow Flow Ebb & Gro 12 Site Hydroponic System
This hydroponic kit by Active Aqua is the most effective ebb and gro system available in the market as of now.
It has a safeguard flood protection with an emergency shut-off valve and adjustable boast stepping stool.
The Active Aqua Grow Flow Ebb and Gro 12 Site Hydroponic System is available as a 12 site total system. You can also change it by buying individual parts, as it has a limit of interfacing 6 to 48 growing modules with a single system.
Each growing module comprises an inward bucket joined to an external bucket. The water pumps work on 120 V, with 13 mm tubing and fittings.
Pros of the Active Aqua Grow Flow Ebb & Gro 12 Site Hydroponic System
- The Active Aqua Grow Flow Ebb and Gro 12 Site Hydroponic System are very easy to use and control.
- The kit is reliable as it does not overwork the pumps.
- Lastly, it comes with foolproof overflow protection.
Cons of the Active Aqua Grow Flow Ebb & Gro 12 Site Hydroponic System
- The output grommets of the Active Aqua Grow Flow Ebb & Gro 12 Site Hydroponic System might leak after a point in time.
AeroGarden, Black Bounty
This system by AeroGarden is one of their best ever designs. It has six pre-cultivated grow cases indoor kit, which implies you can grow six of your top herbs in it at a time.
It comes with pre-cultivated herbs including Genovese basil, curly parsley, dill, thyme, Thai basil, and mint.
The Black Bounty kit has a 24 inch grow height, 40W LED grow light framework and a water bowl that is the biggest ever for a countertop garden.
The water bowl contains a unique figured liquid plant nourishment for ideal germination.
Pros of the Black Bounty Kit by AeroGarden
- It contains no GMOs, herbicides or pesticides.
- The Black Bounty Kit by AeroGarden is mess-free as you do not have to deal with soil.
- Lastly, it comes with a 100 per cent germination guarantee.
Cons of the Black Bounty Kit by AeroGarden
- You might have to reset it if the kit is ever unplugged.
When getting your hands on a hydroponics starter kit, the experience can be very scary because of the tremendous variety of choices accessible. Nonetheless, you can stay away from the pointless hassle by doing sound research prior to buying one.